Tuesday, October 28, 2008

One Week

Here is the transcript of Obama's "Closing Argument" given in Ohio yesterday. It has links to CNN's 'fact check' for statements he makes about himself and McCain.

The greatest part is towards the end. His rhetoric is amazing. I got shivers reading it. I am giddy with anticipation for this election. A year ago, I discussed with my friends whether we would have to move out of the US in our lifetime. I believed that within the next few decades our country would fall like so many empires before. I even felt that humanities end may be a mere generation away. Bleak, I know. I though Obama's run was premature and the American people wouldn't support someone so ready to change things for the better. I was wrong. Obama has made history in so many ways and now sits on the precipice of victory. I consider myself proud to even see this time in American and world history, and despite the troubles we face from all fronts, not just as Americans, but as humans, I feel that Obama and America have what it takes to face these obstacles. I think we can reclaim our country and our ideals. We can once again be proud to be Americans. We can stand together and fix this country and this planet.

To all of my friends and family, on November 4th, I ask you to not just make the choice that is best for you, but the choice that is best for all of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home